Every student at the University of Missouri is expected to abide by all University of Missouri System Collected Rules and Regulations and to uphold the Standard of Conduct for the University of Missouri. The Standard of Conduct outlines behaviors and actions for which students, if found responsible, can be issued sanctions ranging from a warning to suspension or expulsion. The purpose of the Standard of Conduct is to maintain a safe campus community, one where students can learn and be successful. A student enrolling in the university also assumes an obligation to behave in a manner compatible with the university’s function as an educational institution.
Policies Regarding COVID-19
According to CRR 280.010.B.5 (approved Aug. 20,2020):
To protect the safety of students, faculty, and staff of the University in the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, students must follow federal, state, and local public health orders that are applicable to them while they are off campus. This will be considered a policy or regulation of MU and a direction from University officials. Therefore failure to follow this requirement may be sanctioned as a violation of the Standard of Conduct under CRR 200.010.C.11 and .14.
Additional policies and guidelines for students, related to COVID 19:
I. MU students who test positive for COVID-19 must notify the MU Student Health Center of the positive test within four hours. The Show Me Renewal Plan will be amended to include this requirement.
II. Students’ reports of positive tests will be treated as confidential student records consistent with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and will be disclosed only in accordance with that law and applicable university policies. Reports of positive tests may be shared with university personnel, including instructors, who have a legitimate educational interest in such information, including, but not limited to, for purposes of ensuring that appropriate isolation measures are followed, ensuring appropriate disinfection, and minimizing risks to health of others. The university also will make any required reports to public health authorities, including any required report to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services of positive tests for individuals residing in MU residence halls.
III. MU students must comply with requirements published in the Show Me Renewal Plan, as it may be amended from time to time.
IV. The Show Me Renewal Plan constitutes a policy or regulation of MU and a direction from university officials and therefore failure to follow the requirements of the Show Me Renewal Plan may be sanctioned as a violation of the Standard of Conduct under CRR 200.010.C.11 and .14.
- Collected Rules and Regulations
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Records (CRR 180.020)
- Standard of Conduct (CRR 200.010)
- Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy (CRR 600.010)
- Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct in Education/Employment Policy (CRR 600.020)
- MU Business Policy and Procedure Manual
- Office of the University Registrar, Polices, Procedures & Forms
- Student Organizations
- Residence Hall Rules & Regulations
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Division of Information Technology Polices & Procedures
Safety, Health & Wellness
- MU emergency and Operations Plan
- MU Immunization Policy
- Alcoholic Beverages (CRR 110.050)
- Smoking Policy (BPPM 1:160)
- Drug-Free School & Work Place Notice
Campus Buildings & Property
- Missouri Student Unions
- Use of Facilities (BPPM 6:050)
- Illuminated Devices on Campus (BPPM 6:051)
- Sound Amplification Devices (BPPM 6:052)
- Posting and Distributing Materials on Campus (BPPM 6:054)
- Chalking on Campus (BPPM 6:056)
- Camping on Campus (BPPM 6:095)
- Use of University Property & Equipment (BPPM 6:060)
- Access to Locked Buildings (BPPM 6:130)
- Use of University Facilities (BPM-401)
- Policy on Bicycles, Skates, other Recreational Wheels, Skateboards and Hover boards