The Care Team provides one-on-one support, including interventions, advocacy, referrals and follow-up services for you when you are experiencing significant difficulties related to mental health, physical health, personal and family emergencies, financial issues or other areas of concern. We are available to consult with staff, faculty, friends and parents, as well.
The Care Team is committed to assisting you in successfully navigating the University of Missouri campus. As Care Coordinators, we take a holistic approach in our work. This means that we are active, empathic listeners and focus on the whole person in front of us. Our goal is to join you in tackling challenges so that you do not feel alone in the process.
The Care Coordinator provides resources and information to help you navigate university systems and policies while prioritizing your well-being and academic success, making connections with faculty, staff and other offices that can collaborate with you to ensure your needs are met, and to help you develop self-advocacy skills that prepare you for involvement in the larger community and life beyond college.
The Care Team is not counseling or therapy. Care Coordinators have the opportunity to develop close helping relationships with students while coaching you toward appropriate self-care and self-advocacy.
Types of challenges the Care Team assists students in navigating:
- Academic challenges
- Mental health concerns
- Physical illness or injury
- Financial challenges
- Loss of family members or close friends
- Medical withdraw
- Interpersonal conflicts and mediation
- Family challenges
- Property complaints
Some concerns rise above the level of response that the CARE Team provides. If you witness or know of students you think are especially concerning, worrisome or threatening, we strongly encourage you to use this online referral tool, to notify the Student At Risk Committee. The student of concern is more likely to receive assistance before the situation worsens if you express concern.
Schedule a meeting
Please follow the steps below to schedule your meeting using MU Connect:
- Go to MU Connect via Blackboard or log in directly via MU Connect.
- Click on “My Success Network,” type “Accountability” in the search bar, click on Office of Student Accountability and Support.
- Scroll down to find members to make an appointment.
- Click schedule appointment links to view calendars and schedule a date and time for your meeting.
- Once you schedule your meeting you will receive a confirmation email.