Helping Mizzou Students Overcome Challenges
It’s not uncommon to experience difficult times during your college experience, either due to academic or personal reasons.
The care team is here to help you face challenges and to support you throughout your time at Mizzou, so you can achieve your academic, personal and professional goals.
How we can help you?
Our aim is to support you when you need it and empower you to take action and advocate on your own behalf. We will collaborate with you to identify your immediate needs, provide appropriate resources and partner with you to develop an action plan. We help you:
- Identify areas that are causing distress in your life
- Explore your concerns about your physical or mental health
- Notify your college when you are unable to attend class
- Return from hospitalization or other medical treatment
- Communicate with faculty and staff
- Find appropriate resources on campus or within the community
- Learn to manage your academic, personal and fiscal responsibilities
- Work out conflicts and disagreements with roommates or landlords
- Meet with you and follow-up as long as you need it